Pages

Finishing My Placement

The final days of my placement have largely been put to use tying up loose ends. I didn't want to leave without finishing my jobs properly.

The Good Iranian is Bridge + Tunnel's second feature film and is currently in development. I was given the small task of updating the film's IMDb page. There was some information (about which companies are funding the film, for example) which needed updating and I needed to upload a poster to the page. I managed to do this quite quickly once I had logged into the IMDb account (trickier than it looks - we forgot the password!) and got hold of the correct information.

I also composed a short follow-up email to be sent to all of the international television companies I emailed at the start of my placement. I only had one response before but just in the first hour after sending the follow-up email I got three replies! That just goes to show that pestering people (sometimes) works! I then updated the database I created when I began my work experience by adding a note of who had replied and their response.

I've had a great time working at Bridge + Tunnel Productions and I think I've gained some insight into what goes on behind the scenes at such a small, independent media company. The people there are fantastic, too, which made the whole experience so enjoyable. I am going to go back in next week even though I have completed my hours because I want to finish the work I started on the I Am Nasrine acquisitions spreadsheet.

Bye, bye Bridge + Tunnel! You were great.

Waving bye to the office building! (It's a lot prettier inside, I promise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment