Pages

Day 2: Work Experience

Day Two at Bridge + Tunnel felt like it ran quite smoothly. As it's Monday, all of the staff have their weekly group meeting in the morning to discuss the tasks for the week. I sat in on the meeting today and contributed some input as I talked about my progress with the distribution of I Am Nasrine and explained what I had started working on. I felt very organised in the meeting (I had my notebook and pen ready for note-making) and I liked feeling like I was included as a valuable part of the office's team.

Today I got to grips with what information I was actually supposed to be researching. (Note to self: ask questions!) So I went back over the spreadsheet I made before and updated everything. Finding the correct email addresses and names of the people you're trying to reach, especially as most of the websites weren't written in English, was much trickier than I had expected! Luckily, I managed to finish the spreadsheet before lunch - I felt bad for taking so long to do something so simple!

When I got back from lunch (Pret's crayfish and rocket sandwich, if you're interested), I began to think about writing a draft email which I would be sending to all of the contacts I'd researched. I needed to know more about I Am Nasrine so I watched the trailer and some interviews on YouTube about the feature so I knew what I was writing about. The film is about a young Iranian girl who moves to the UK and deals with growing up and all of the other problems that come with moving from your mother country to somewhere entirely different from home. You can watch the trailer below:


No comments:

Post a Comment