Pages

Day 4: Film Festival Research

On day 4, I again attended the weekly Monday office meeting and so I got a clearer insight into where I needed to be with work today. My main task: research international film festivals.

I needed to research as many festivals as possible and update their current database. I needed to find out submission deadlines, submission fees and contact information. The old spreadsheet wasn't organised in a way which made it easy to read. I think some of the organisation inspiration from my last day at work experience was still present inside me today, because I decided to re-arrange the spreadsheet into alphabetical order by country and I colour coordinated it too. I know. My inner Monica was in full force today.*

"Rules are fun! Rules control the fun!"
In all seriousness though, researching the film festivals was actually very interesting. I didn't know there were so many small, independent festivals. We all know and recognise Cannes Film Festival or the Sundance Film Festival, but there are literally hundreds internationally. I was specifically looking for festivals which focused on human rights issues, or short documentaries/films. Researching took up my whole day today, but I am feeling more comfortable in the office each day and so I enjoyed chatting to Nelly and Beatriz in the office today much more than before. They're really lovely people!

*In case you live under a rock, I'm referencing Friends here. If you still don't know what that is, Google it and know that I'm disappointed in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment