Pages

Angelou Centre Mini-Project

My fifth day of work experience at Bridge + Tunnel had me starting another task from my to-do list. I was to write up a document for the Angelou Centre in Newcastle regarding openness, ownership and accessibility in community work.



There are two sides to Bridge + Tunnel Productions, the media production company and Bridge + Tunnel Voices, a charity which provides workshops and projects for the local community. Bridge + Tunnel Voices (BTV) want to start a project with the Angelou Centre and so I needed to write about how the BTV project would work to support the work that the Angelou Centre do already.

The Angelou Centre, based in Newcastle, provides support for women who are excluded in their communities because of disadvantages due to race and gender. Writing this document took up two days of my placement, and so I treated it like a mini-project. My document had to clearly explain that any work that BTV would do alongside the Angelou Centre would be tailored to preserve the integrity of both organisations. I asked questions like "why is community engagement for us?" and "how can we build effective relationships in our community?" to demonstrate the sincerity of the BTV charity and to prove that the women from the Angelou Centre were fairly represented in any media produced as a result of the project.

If you want to read more about the work the Angelou Centre and BTV do within Newcastle, head to their websites, linked below:

 http://angelou-centre.org.uk.s197746.gridserver.com/

 http://www.bridgeandtunnelproductions.com/category/voices-our-community-education-work/                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment