Pages

NE1's NFW: Rox Royalty VIP Event

Last night the place to be was certainly the Thrill Room at Rox, Monument Mall as Newcastle's fashion elite gathered for the last VIP event of NE1's Newcastle Fashion Week 2014. The night was one of glorious cocktails by The Cocktail Project, canapes by Cafe Royal and luxurious pampering from Malmaison Newcastle. Forever Long Hair stylists and Nails Inc. nail artists were treating guests to makeovers and manicures and Melissa Bailey was sketching fabulous fashion portraits for the evening's VIP. NE1's Newcastle Fashion Week's official florist had provided beautiful floral decorations which perfectly suited the soft grey velvet sofas and mirrored interior of Rox's Thrill Room. The Rox jewellery is gorgeous, too, and I have picked out quite a few pieces that I really want to own (hint - it's my birthday soon...)!













I was lucky enough to have Melissa Bailey sketch my fashion portrait and it was brilliant; she's made me look like a skinny supermodel. What more could one ask for? As for my outfit, I decided to go for an almost entirely Topshop ensemble with only my River Island shoes being the only exception. I bought this orange bag from Topshop earlier in the week as a post-deadline treat to myself and I love it. It's going with me everywhere. All the time.









We chatted to some bloggers who were there and I also managed to speak to the Editor of Luxe Magazine about getting into journalism. (Networking points for me!) As we left, feeling rather indulged, we were handed a Rox goodie bag containing creme from Malmaison, Sir John Fitzgerald macaroons, Paul Mitchell haircare and many lovely discount vouchers. It was such a fabulous evening and it's safe to say that NE1's Newcastle Fashion Week 2014 has been a resounding success; I'm just sad that it's over! I already can't wait to see what next year's Newcastle Fashion Week has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment