Pages

NE1's NFW 2014: Company Magazine VIP Show

Yesterday Newcastle's Assembly Rooms were transformed into the setting for the first day of NE1's Newcastle Fashion Week. Company Magazine's fashion features writer, Alexxsia Elizabeth and senior features writer, Carlene Thomas-Bailey played host for the day's shows, presenting looks from countless designers, high street favourites and Newcastle's own vintage stores. The fabulous British fashion designer, Julien Macdonald OBE was also an honoured guest, hosting alongside Alexxsia and Carlene throughout the day. Sadly the library had me chained to my desk and essay-writing was my priority for the daytime shows, however I was lucky enough to be invited to the VIP evening show, an invite I gladly accepted.








I brought along two of my flatmates to the show, where we were given glasses of Champagne on arrival and shown to our front-row seats. The Assembly Rooms looked fantastic, with the huge chandeliers and high ceilings suiting the catwalk brilliantly. After an introduction by NE1's Marketing and Events Manager, Sandra Tang, Alexxsia and Carlene from Company Magazine took to the stage to kick off the night. Julien Macdonald OBE was introduced (with many cheers to be heard from backstage as he appeared) and he presented the show, with looks from Vivienne Westwood and Diane von Furstenberg for Cruise. 

















The official afterparty was held at Newcastle's exclusive Bonbar, where we indulged in some fantastic cocktails. We sipped NE1's Newcastle Fashion Week's official cocktail, 'Pink Lady', and sampled the elegant 'Parisian' cocktail, both of which were delicious! We all had a brilliant evening and it has certainly made me feel very excited for the events I'll be going to throughout the week. 


6 comments:

  1. This looks like soo much fun! I'm from the Newcastle too and about to go into uni in September . You wouldn't think you were new to blogging at all, keep it up :)

    www.sophalou.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've given you a follow on bloglovin, lovely blog! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, beautiful post.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did, thank you for reading! Followed you on bloglovin xx

      Delete
  3. I really wanted to go to the daytime event but it clashed with a bloggers meet up I'd already committed too ... .so much going on so little time :)

    Not made it to Bonbar yet either!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wanted to go to #bloggersteaspoon but I didn't have time! Would have been fantastic to meet you, hopefully we'll bump into one another later in the week. xx

      Delete