Pages

Summer Sale Steals (and Sainsbury's Sunglasses)



   
Source: Topshop
The Topshop sale has been a personal success this week. I usually make it to the sale after everybody else has ransacked everything, leaving me with nothing (or worse still, something I didn't actually want or like). This time, however, I was prepared. I took notice of Topshop's sale teaser emails and I got there first. I managed to get the shoes seen in my outfit post earlier in the week (click here to have a peek) and some beautiful pale blue satin lingerie. I also bought the fantastic Jacquard Trapeze Dress in cream, pictured above, though it's a quite roomy so I'm returning it for a size smaller.

I found a dreamy pair of sunglasses in Sainsbury's of all places, too. I've been needing a pair for a while, though after looking all over the high street, I just didn't find a pair that was simple enough to meet my strict sunglasses criteria. They were just what I wanted - that lovely brown tortoiseshell colour, slightly rounded, not too big or too small. I never thought I would find the pair I'd been searching for in Sainsbury's, though at £5 I can't complain.

I have seen quite a few people rave about the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and I was intrigued. I had £12 to spend on my Boots Advantage Card and with half going on a pot of my beloved Nivea Soft moisturising cream, I had some 'free money' left to spend. I debated a gorgeous Kent barrel hairbrush (the promise of a salon-quality blow dry at home was certainly alluring) though the Real Techniques sponge won me over. I used it this morning in my usual routine as a replacement for my MAC 190 foundation brush. I hate feeling like I have a thick layer of foundation on my face and I try to avoid this at all costs. The Real Techniques sponge was great at providing light coverage; the flat edge was great used under my eyes and the tip was brilliant for covering blemishes and for slightly heavier concealing under my eyes. It has certainly been awarded top marks by me!

P.S. Please can we all appreciate the fantastic use of alliteration in the title of this post. So original.

No comments:

Post a Comment